View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 06:11 PM
surixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I don't know how people think a rookie is going to come in and handle tough minutes and produce. Only the most elite prospects do it successfully.

I trust what we are doing with our prospects, including Scheifele.
I don't think anyone expects him to come in and be the first line center right off the bat, but I think he would be capable of playing a sheltered 2nd line role.

Having said that I have massive problems with him sitting in the stands night in and night out. It also appears that there isn't proper communicaton from the coaching staff to Mark. If he isn't ready to play or the coach doesn't trust him enought to use him then do the kid a favor and send him back to Barrie where he will get the minutes he needs.

The Columbus comparison is apt imo, this is exactly how Brule's carrer started. Played limited minutes in a couple of games to start the year then got stappled to the pressbox and when he did get back in he was timid and played like he was afraid to make a mistake. When he did make one he got stappled to the bench again. Negative reinforcement is about the worst form of teaching you can use with a young player breaking int the league and it appears that it is one we are seeing Noel use here. These are big issues imo.

surixon is online now   Reply With Quote