View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 06:13 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
1. Calle Jarnkrok - Potential top line pivot, more likely to be a good/very good 2nd line center, has drawn comparisons to Zetterberg. He also has apparently been playing with a nagging wrist injury & is still producing in the SEL even after Silfverberg left him. Should find his way to NA next year & will have a shot to make the wings out of training camp.

2. Xavier Ouellet - Had a coming out party this year at the WJC. Was arguable Canada's 2nd best dman even with his ankle injury. His numbers are slightly down this year but is still around a P/G & he is still the premier dman in the Q. He has great leadership abilities as he has worn the C the past 2 years in Blainville-Boisbriand, is a jack of all trades master of none could become a #2 dman.

3. Tomas Tatar - Has really shored up his overall game the past year or so & is now capable of playing any role the wings need. Is showing he can still produce offensively while being responsibly defensively, he's top 15 in AHL scoring this year. He may never get to be a superstar but he will be a main complimentary piece on any contending team.

4. Ryan Sproul - I'd have him up at #1/2 if it wasn't for the fact he's the biggest boom or bust go we have in our pool. He has a rocket of a shot, great offensive instincts, a long reach & he's right handed to boot. He still has work to do defensively, he could also use his 6'4 frame a little more. He has a chance to be the next Mike Green if he makes it or if he busts a more mobile Kurtis Foster. He'll probably spend the next 2-3 years working on his defence & physicality in Grand Rapids while QB the PP.

5. Petr Mrazek - Stole the starting goalie job from McCollum & he hasn't looked back since. He was recently named to the AHL West All-Star team, and has been the best rookie goalie in the AHL this year. He may still need another 2-3 years of seasoning but when he gets the call he should be something special. That and looking at the goalie market it's better to have 2 number 1 goalies then none at all.

HM:

Sheahan - I'd like to see him produce over a full season before I move him into the top 5, though his past 20 or so games are very promising

Backman/Marchenko - While both are doing very well in their respective leagues I'd lie to see how they produce in the AHL/ECHL before moving them into the "untouchable" realm.

Side note: How good is that 2011 draft looking now? Four or Five defenceman who could end up being in the NHL in some role, 2 of them have top 4 upside while the other 2 could potentially be top pairing guys. Pretty good job by Holland & Co. to do all of that without a first.

DatsyukToZetterberg is online now   Reply With Quote