View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 06:32 PM
Paul4587

vCash: 500
For those of you who think toughness doesn't mean anything - think about being an opposition defenseman trying to move the puck up ice. Would you be more intimidated moving the puck up ice/grinding in the corners against Cogliano, Etem or DSP or Moen/Prust/Clutterbuck etc? A tough physical team wears down the opposition defense and forces plenty of errors. DSP has the potential but he needs to work on his balance and agility - too many times I see him going full bore and the defenseman is able to easily step around him or move the puck before he gets anywhere near him.

That being said, Staubitz isn't going to strike fear into anybody because he's slow as molasses and rarely has enough time to line anybody up. I think a decent heavyweight does have a role still (I wish we had somebody to stick up for Fowler vs Aliu last season or when Sutton was running all of our guys - Parros sure as hell wasn't doing anything) but there are so few heavyweights out there that can actually skate a regular shift.

As much as I thought Mike Brown had no hockey talent and is too small for his role - he is the type of guy who we could really use on our 4th line about now.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote