Old
02-01-2013, 06:48 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvstrand View Post
I'd be pretty happy if the Ducks added some gritty players with speed to the 4th line who could play some PK too. Skille (FLA), Gillies (CBJ) and MacKenzie (CBJ) may seem like pretty random targets on these boards, and sure, I'd love to get someone like Jim Slater but doesn't seem very realistic.

I'm just curious about these three in particular because they are playing on teams that are struggeling, and those teams are usually more likely to make changes than others. That, plus these are guys the Ducks probably could get without giving up much of signifigance.

Skille and Gillies are both big bodies with good speed and grit. MacKenzie is small, but can also get around the ice, is gritty and can win faceoffs. Looks like MacKenzie and Gillies have been scratched in the early going too, so I'm guessing they are available for almost nothing?
DMac and Gillies are both theoretically movable; DMac would cost "significantly" more. But there's not much point in trading them right now; the needs we're looking for at present aren't going to be addressed by moving them. (All we could expect are mid-to-low draft picks, and it makes more sense to wait 'till closer to the trade deadline to maximize those.)

So, yeah, you could get them, but as your stated objective is to find folks "available for almost nothing", it may not make much sense.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote