View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 06:50 PM
Numbers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
I see your point, but Ballard , Malholtra , one of Schneider/Luongo and even Booth will be off the books.

We will be ok. We do have Burrows increase of 2.5 mil and we will probably re sign Raymond to the same amount. Tanev will want a raise but he has to accept 2.5 mil for now unless he shows flashes of all star .

Higgins will be let go . He is skilled but too soft and with Kassian and Schroeder around he no longer has a real role. Depends what we do with david booth.

Booth goes, Higgins can play with kesler

There are a lot of 'ifs' but I doubt 'cap problem' is going to be one of them. Finding the right deal for Schneider/ Luongo is the key.
Don't think Tanev gets anything close to the 2.5 range. Pretty sure Gillis gives him a 2 year bridge deal between 1.2-1.5. No way he gets Del Zotto, Kulekov, or Subban money. Cap is not a big problem. Though I am interested to see if cap could be higher than 64.3 million, because remember this is the lowest it could drop. Fans have come back big time this year, I wouldn't be surprised if next year it might be a little higher then 64.3.