View Single Post
Old
07-01-2006, 11:39 PM
Brad*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan97
"Zero depth at forward" I disagree. What about Simon, Zeus, Carter, Richards....? If anything we have too many good forwards, and too few good defensemen. Kim will be missed on the PP and we need someone else who will shot from the point. That being said, I read and interview with Clarke before the playoffs were even over, and he basically alluded the the fact that Kim would not be back. I'll miss him, but I'm certainly not shocked.

Simon Gagne is solid, but his production largely depends on the health of Forsberg. Gagne isn't nearly as dynamic on his own. Handzus is a good defensive forward and can chip some points, but he scored 44 last season and has never hit 60 in his career. Is that the kind of production you want out of a top-6 forward on a supposed Cup contender? Not really. Besides, his game is defense anyway.

Carter and Richards are unknowns. I think they'll both be very good players in this league, but to expect them to basically lead an offense on a team that always has their sights set on the Cup is simply unreasonable. And even if one or both of them does manage to have a very good offensive season, that's still not good depth. Right now, this team can barely ice one good scoring line, let alone 3 like the teams that went deep in the playoffs did. It's not looking good.

Brad* is offline   Reply With Quote