View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Harnessed in Slums

vCash: 500
1. Calle Jarnkrok: our lone top notch prospect at forward. Jurco isn't a sure fire top 6 guy at this point. Neither is Riley Sheahan. Given the complete lack of competition we cannot let our lone top 6 guy go unless he brings in a bonafide top 6 guy in the prime of his career (so no Calle for Jaromir Jagr trade Holland ).

2. Ryan Sproul: he seems like a safe bet to be a highly skilled top 4 d-man and as we all know we have little in the way of proven two-way d-men right now. The Blues are putting up the most amount of points from d-men and the only chance we have to get back up there is by acquiring a guy like Lubomir Visnovsky and/or holding onto our top flight offensive d-men prospects.

3. Mattias Backman: this one came down to Xavier Ouellet or Backman and I just like the fact Backman is getting it done in one of the best leagues in the world. He's one of the leading scorers among d-men in the SEL and with one more season overseas he could be an awesome combo of scoring and shutdown defense.

4. Petr Mrazek: for the first time in recorded history the Red Wings have some depth in net. Howard is due for a new contract and I don't think we'll have any problem inking him to a new deal. Mrazek appears to be a top notch goalie and could eventually replace Howard. At any rate it is far too early to let him be traded out of the organization.

5. Riley Sheahan: Sheahan is starting to show some offensive touch. That alone gives you reason to hold onto him to see if he can become a legit top 6 scorer. Even if he doesn't he has the size and skating to be a fixture in the DRW lineup for a long time. We simply do not draft guys with his size and he isn't anywhere close to hitting his ceiling. With that being the case I would not want to see him traded.

Harnessed in Slums is online now   Reply With Quote