View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 07:55 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
But you didn't say Lucic has never scored 40. You're saying other NHL teams have "elite" players and the Bruins don't, and if the Bruins lose a forward they're screwed. Scoring isn't the end-all of a hockey player (I'd take Lucic over a lot of those "elite" scorers; perhaps you wouldn't), and injuries can hurt any team.

Sure Crosby and Malkin are great players. But last I checked, the Penguins were 4-3 and lost to the Islanders and Maple Leafs by a combined score of 9-3.

And last I checked, I didn't have my head in the sand.
Are you really going to argue about semantics? Go back and read what I said. You're acting like I'm insulting you, which I'm not. The conversation started by someone saying the Bruins have 6 guys who all average 25+ goals (which they don't). That's when I said they have a great top 6 but there are other teams in their conference that have higher ceilings offensively. Again, it's not a matter of opinion. It's fact. Then rather than arguing the truth of the statement about the specific individual players, the guy changed the argument to talk about overall team offense. I never said the Bruins couldn't score offensively as a team, nor is it close to my argument. I just said other team have players with more upside, which is 100 percent accurate. But again, I ask you to show me how what I've said is wrong. When you fold in the context of depth, and the recent injuries the Bruins have and whom they're going to plug into those spots, it certainly will have an impact on how the team fares.

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote