View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Ricky Bobby

vCash: 500
Looks like Colborne is recovered from his off-season surgery as he had 12 points (3G, 9A) in 9 Marlies game in January.

Next season Colborne will getting near that make or break portion of his career where he either makes the jump to the NHL and fits into a top 9 or he becomes a suitcase/yo yo NHL/AHLer type.

I'm confident Colborne can make the jump and play 3rd line type minutes next year (13 - 15 minutes a night).

Kadri has also shown he belongs in the show this year and should be getting a bump in minutes up to the 15-18 minute a night range (typical 2nd line minutes).

I say we trade Grabo and his overpaid salary at the deadline (when we're probably out of the playoff race) to create lots of cap space to head into the off-season with and because the trade return will be greater at the deadline then in the off-season.

Bozak can be reinked but only on our terms. I wouldn't pay him much more then 2.5 million. Guy is Dominic Moore 2.0. A 3rd liner who is getting a 1st line opportunity.

McClement will either be our 3rd or 4th line center.

Next season we'd have:

# 1 center: Getzlaf as first preference, 2A. option being we make a trade for a star player or 2B. Sign Weiss and/or Roy. Worst case situation we have Bozak there.

# 2 center: Kadri

# 3/4 center: Battle between Colborne, McClement and potentially Bozak.

If acquring a # 1 center doesn't work out we can still have more cap space than almost any team in the league to take on undesirable contracts to acquire additonal picks/prospects (like the Lombardi deal which netted us Franson OR how the Sharks acquired a 1st rounder for taking on Vladimir Malakhovs contract in 06).