View Single Post
Old
07-02-2006, 04:56 AM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybil227 View Post
Ugh. I'm GLAD we didn't get Chara - he would have been OK in the regular season - for the most part. But he seemed so innefectual in the playoffs. I watched speedy forwards get by & around too often to covet him.

Unfortunately, we followed up by getting Rob Blake. I don't think I've ever seen Blakey look more innefectual than he did last season. I remember the when we played the Avs he often looked lost out there. We capitalized on Rob Blake turnovers many times. I know nearly all of you are going to disagree with me, but the Rob Blake we just signed ISN'T anywhere close to the Rob Blake we traded away years ago. Blakey's biggest assets were his incredible hitting, and incredible point shot - both of which have diminished with time. 37 and slowing down every day. Waste of money to me.

I'd much rather have a guy like Jay McKee - fast, great shot blocker, isn't often out of position - and when he is, can use his speed to make up the gap. Not to mention a lot younger.

Well then you haven't been watching him much, and none last year past November. He struggled last year for the first couple months adjusting to the new rules, but after that he had a very good season, and was our best player in the playoffs. The season before that he was a favorite for the Norris until he missed some games late in the season with an injury. If Blake can play like he did last year, you will be getting a much better Blake than the one that left. He has become a much more well rounded defenseman, as he has become quite solid in his own end.

I wish him well in LA. It's too bad our front office screwed up by decling his option year, because apparently that's what caused his bonus to count toward the cap. He left a huge void on our blueline.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote