View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 10:20 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN88 View Post
Elite D-Core ?!? What are you guys smoking?

We have 4, 2-3 D-man. No real number one has yet came out of the bunch that is Danny G, Ryan McD, Staal and DelZ ...
McD isn't a #1, or Girardi? They're always on the ice for the opposing teams top lines, and it's just not because it's the best we can throw out. It's because they're one of the best pairings in the league. McD or Girardi would be number #1 on multiple teams.

Last year McDonagh was 15th in TOI, a +25, tied for 8th in blocked shots with 182, and had 32 points. Remember the playoffs too. Played a game where he almost played an hour.

Staal and DZ are perfect 3-4 guys. Staal can be a solid #2. He's played against the top lines before McDonagh showed up. He's capable of shutting down the opposition.

Quote:
Stralman played good againt Pit last night ... solid #5 but thats it.
Agreed.

Quote:
We gave up to much depth for Nash.

Whoever hoped the Asham, Rupp and Halpern could fill up the spot, was dropped as a child ... Borderline AHL ... you know it.

The only way I see something going is to trade Richards or Gaborik for young depth players. Nash is by far our best players ... Gabo is too streaky and Richards blows these days ... talking bout' Redemption ...
We gave up depth, but we almost fully covered it in signings. What's missing from that forth line is energy and a little more speed, in my opinion. They're flat. Mediocre fourth line. That's doable when you have a great top 6 like we do.

We have depth. As I mentioned in another thread, Pyatt's a solid third liner. If Kreider is half the player he was in last year's playoffs this season, our 2nd/3rd line is nasty. Hagelin is no pushover. Kreider and Hagelin are full of speed. Those guys can set the forecheck.

They just need to get going. Last year we were in the same boat as we are now but with higher expectations. It may even take longer with a shortened training camp. We need to find a energetic 4th liner who can take Rupp/Asham's spot.