View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Ricky Bobby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
Well Loktionov wants to be traded because he feels he is NHL ready (which he may or may not be) .. If he's ok with playing in the minors to start with Toronto, I'm good with it .. But really we're not going to stick him at the 4th centre, and Grabo/Kadri and good in their roles right now .. So you'd be looking to replace Bozak, which bears the question can Loktionov be an upgrade over Bozak? Skill wise, possibly, but Loktionov isn't another small centre in an area where the Leafs need to upgrade size

I just don't see the fit right now, though a deal around C-mac, one of our d-man, Bernier and Loktionov does interest me a lot
Or Bozak wants to much money on a new contract.

Or we trade trade Grabo because he's overpaid well we can still get some assets in return for him.

Loktionov might not be the player Bozak is right now and definitely not Grabo. Loktionov though comes on a cheap contract which could allow us to have cap space for that # 1 center, top pairing right D and goaltender we need.

Loktionov might also just need an opportunity just like Grabo did or Bozak did or Kadri did or most recently Frattin.