View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 10:45 PM
Six in O6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
Everything happened so fast. We moved right from a high-tension end of the season into the playoffs, and from a miracle run into a disastrous off-season. We had no time to analyze or appreciate what we had:

-TWO 70-point scorers. Hemsky's 77 points is the highest any Oiler has put up since Weight's 90 in his final season here.

-FOUR 60+ scorers - It'd been 15 years since we'd had that (1990-1991)

-a defenseman with >55 points. Even in an "off" year Pronger racked up the points (56). The last time an Oilers defenseman had done that was Coffey back in '87

I'm not even going to get started with the miracle playoff run.
Wow. Those stats really put it in perspective. I wonder how much of that is the rule changes and the increased penalty calls. (none the less, very impressive).

On the Detroit series game 6, I recall asking a friend what it was like in the building, especially since we were down 2-0 going into the third. He said nobody was worried. That game was possibly the defining moment of the Cup run for me. I wasn't worried about SJ and we had always played Anahiem tough in the years leading up to that series. Calgary definitely dropped the ball but not getting past them.

Six in O6 is offline   Reply With Quote