View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 10:09 PM
pine*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandala View Post
I guess it comes down to

do we want a short flashy career a la Ovechkin with tons of highlights but alas no team success?

or

do we want Subban to be more a team player a la Crosby and hopefully some more team success?

Sure in the short term, for fans it is much more fun to watch Subban do high five, low five, yapping, etc. But I would say, the long term goal should be to win a Stanley Cup or at least have a legit chance for one. Subban has all the tools to become the next general at defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Just for argument's sake, would you pick:

a) Lots of personality and the Habs sucking perenially, but ratings high, tons of Roenick-Roy quips, etc., cool post-game rituals that the fans eat up like candy...but again, Habs suck?

or

b) Removing the triple low five (which is apparently the embodiment of PK's entire personality and without it he will be a boring nobody) and the Habs becoming a disciplined, team-first, zero-conflict team with a shot at the cup (I know I'm reaching here, but I'm talking about tending towards the future)?

Note that these are extremes and without the triple low 5, we will still have lots of personality to go around. I cannot believe this is even a big deal and FTR, my facebook timeline pic for the last year has been...yup, Price and PK doing the triple low 5.
False Dilemma

Definition:
A limited number of options (usually two) is given, while in reality there are more options. A false dilemma is an illegitimate use of the "or" operator.
Putting issues or opinions into "black or white" terms is a common instance of this fallacy.

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote