View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 10:09 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
For one thing, he's not really a prospect anymore. For another, his AHL production is good but not great. Hudler put up 97 points in his age 22 season, for instance. He looks like he will be a solid but unspectacular player at the NHL level. I favor Jarnkrok because there's a chance he could be a spectacular player.

I really have no idea, but I tend to lean toward the players with higher upside.
That's true but look at the overall point leaders this year. There are only 2 guys taht were producing an unreal amount of points more than anyone else & it's Jordan Eberle, and Justin Schultz. Everyone else is just slightly above or below a point per game. I'm also not sure about this but I think scoring is down this year in the AHL. The Griffins are 3rd in goals/game with 3.36 goals per game, the top team is averaging only 3.40 goals/game.

The year Hudler had 97 points the Griffins averaged 4.03 goals/game, the highest in goal/game average in the league. Over an 80 game season that equates to a 54 goal difference in favor of the 05-06 Griffins, lets say that the 2012-2013 Griffins played at the same pace. This season Nyquist is in on around 30% of all griffin goals. Assuming he keeps that pass in an 80 game season that would give Nyquist an extra 16 points which would give him 96 points in 80 games, nearly identical to Hudler's production.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote