View Single Post
Old
07-02-2006, 09:37 AM
davey999

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Davey, since you're posts are usually just witty one liners, why don't you expand a bit. My thinking is that the ufa's that intererest the team had offers made to them yesterday, some were made at a number that met or exceeded the figure that was accepted. I don't know this to be true, just as you don't know it isn't.

So if offers are being rejected, who's to blame ? Is Montreal still perceived as an undesirable place to play ? By what % does the CH have to overpay ? Why is the city perceived that way ? Players talk, is word of mouith a problem ?

Do you really believe that Gainey has no idea what to do and has only made low ball offers ? It's simpler to think so, keeps us from having to do much thinking I guess. Are the teams that made moves clearly better going forward ?

I wonder if the right move is using your mid level contracts for an unwanted contract somewhere else ? EG, Zed for Lang improves us positionnally and only adds a bit more than 3 to the cap.

Give us a rest with the snotty lines and discuss hockey for a change.
I was just responding to your one liner...

Players don't feel like this team is committed to winning. Too much media pressure that they don't have to deal with anywhere else. And I also think Gainey and the organization overrate their own players ie. Bouillion.

davey999 is offline   Reply With Quote