View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 10:43 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

vCash: 500
Rule Ammendment to Overtime

After seeing Dallas win in overtime, I've been been kind of irked at a rather minor issue with it. That is, the person who scores a shootout game winner does not recieve a point for his efforts, but his team recieves a goal for. Where is the logic for this? I can find none.

So I see two options, both of which include extending overtime to 10 minutes 4-on-4 to make it a lesser occuance. They are as follows;

Option One
1. Change overtime to 10 minutes of 4-on-4 play.
2. Give the shootout game winner a "goal" in the statistics for his efforts towards the teams "goal-for" in the standings.
3. Give assists to others who have scored in a winning effort in the shootout, to a max of two (If more than two non game winning shootout goals are scored, the assists go the most recent goals to the game winning one).

Option Two
1. Change overtime to 10 minutes of 4-on-4 play.
2. Change boxscore of a shootout final to N+ to N (N being the score of the tied game going into the shootout).

The only issue I see with this is the existing problem of extending overtime, that is, the ice is already bad after 20 minutes, would you waste 5 more minutes cleaning it to add merely 5 minutes of play?

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is online now   Reply With Quote