View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 11:14 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Looks like Colborne is recovered from his off-season surgery as he had 12 points (3G, 9A) in 9 Marlies game in January.

Next season Colborne will getting near that make or break portion of his career where he either makes the jump to the NHL and fits into a top 9 or he becomes a suitcase/yo yo NHL/AHLer type.

I'm confident Colborne can make the jump and play 3rd line type minutes next year (13 - 15 minutes a night).

Kadri has also shown he belongs in the show this year and should be getting a bump in minutes up to the 15-18 minute a night range (typical 2nd line minutes).

I say we trade Grabo and his overpaid salary at the deadline (when we're probably out of the playoff race) to create lots of cap space to head into the off-season with and because the trade return will be greater at the deadline then in the off-season.

Bozak can be reinked but only on our terms. I wouldn't pay him much more then 2.5 million. Guy is Dominic Moore 2.0. A 3rd liner who is getting a 1st line opportunity.

McClement will either be our 3rd or 4th line center.

Next season we'd have:

# 1 center: Getzlaf as first preference, 2A. option being we make a trade for a star player or 2B. Sign Weiss and/or Roy. Worst case situation we have Bozak there.

# 2 center: Kadri

# 3/4 center: Battle between Colborne, McClement and potentially Bozak.

If acquring a # 1 center doesn't work out we can still have more cap space than almost any team in the league to take on undesirable contracts to acquire additonal picks/prospects (like the Lombardi deal which netted us Franson OR how the Sharks acquired a 1st rounder for taking on Vladimir Malakhovs contract in 06).
Why trade Grabovski? The guy is not overpaid, league comparables would be Krejci and Zajac, both of whom are paid almost identically. Th guy has been one of the better defensive C's in the league and is a 55-60 point C regularly. On top of all that hes a heart and soul player that plays with tenacity. Not to mention hes 100x better than both Weiss and Roy overall.