View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 11:58 PM
Son of Marshmont
Classless Moose

vCash: 2038
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55 View Post
I'd take it more in the sense of "Respect" if I was a bruins fans. Your team has set the bar very high as a team to beat this season, just like last. Teams will bring their "A Game" against you because, essentially; You are an "A" team (no pun intended). I do not expect to win against the bruins by any means but atleast we will know where we stand against the better teams after all is said and done come tomorrow.

Much respect: Real.
Well, part of insanity is the apparent crisis of identity *some* of the Bruins' fans on this board have after yesterday's loss. I haven't even wanted to read, much less partake, in some of the commentary being delivered, no offense to anyone in particular.

Like with anything, there's some reasonable, rational thought from fans regardless of rivalry, and some dolts who are gonna show up just to stir it up, and some Leaf fans have obliged in that role (and I'm sure some Bruin fans will return the favor on the Leaf board.) You're at least doing your moniker a solid and taking a realistic approach to measuring tomorrow's game for your club.

As I said before, I'd like to see a Bruins' blowout, not so much because it's the Leafs, but because I'd like to see how the Bruins respond to the loss against Buffalo. I'd like to see the intensity return and regain the sharper focus on defense (frankly, the offense was fine and 4 goals should win most hockey games).

It's a game between division rivals. Anything can happen. If this is the Bruin team I've come to expect, I think they win. But that's why they play the games.

Enjoy the game.