View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 12:31 AM
Todds Chiropractory

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuklehead View Post
It boggles my mind that people assume we want to trade Luongo because of his performance, good or bad. He's an all-star goalie, but we have a future franchise goalie sitting on the bench as well.

Someone has to go, and Lu makes the most sense and will get the most value.
If this was true he would have already been traded. Lets think about it this way. The Canucks are in a win now mode, as in pushing to win a championship over the next 2-3 years. So naturally we would want to bring in a player or two that can contribute to that effort of winning a championship in the next couple years. What kind of team would want a 33 year old star goalie? A rebuilding team or a team who think they legitimately win a championship within the next few years? The team in a "win now" mode would want him (like the canucks), and they would be willing to give up picks/futures to acquire him because they want to remain as competitive as possible right now. Now what kind of team would want a 26 year old star goalie? Both the rebuilding team and the win now team would be interested, this greatly widens the trade market driving up the price, and it allows the possibility of a rebuilding team providing NHL level players for a Canucks Stanley Cup push.

Ultimately I just want the Canucks to have the best chance possible winning a Stanley Cup, and I believe that moving Schneider, if the return is right, can give them that chance.

Last edited by Todds Chiropractory: 02-02-2013 at 12:36 AM.
Todds Chiropractory is offline   Reply With Quote