Old
02-02-2013, 12:35 AM
The Nuge
Global Moderator
Some Say...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
Going back to last season...Hall has 26 goals and 51 points in his last 50 games. That's a 43 goal/84 point pace.

Not to hijack the thread but just to make the comparison. Seguin has 13 goals/32 points in his last 50 regular season games. Which is a 21 goal/53 point pace. Which further proves my theory that Seguin's stats were greatly inflated by a 9 game hot streak where he had 10 goals and 15 points. It was by far the best hockey of his NHL career and he never came remotely close to repeating it. On a night to night basis, Hall is the much better offensive player.

I picked 50 games not because it's a nice number but because it was 50 games ago that Hall was taken off RNH and Eberle's line and put up the hat trick against the Hawks. I think that game was his coming out party. He's been dominant almost every night since then.
Ya, he was playing well, but it sure seemed to be one of those streaks where any time he touched the puck, it somehow ended up in the net. Same with guys like Thornton, and Marleau right now. They're certainly great players, but they're not exactly scoring at a pace that they'll be able to replicate

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote