View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 01:18 AM
predfan24

vCash: 500
In drop-in I don't think you should dump and chase too often. If there is one place where you can and should practice making crazy plays like trying to pass through 2 defenders it is in drop-in.

Now if people complain about dump and chase during actual games then those people have no idea what they are talking about. Dumping it is a great strategy if you have forwards who will go pressure the D-man who is retrieving the puck. As a D-man myself do you you have any idea how tough it is to have the puck dumped in behind you and have to turn your back on the play, retrieve the puck and make a good play while a forechecker is right on your ass? It's not easy and leads to a lot of turnovers. During beer league games I will try to pass it and hit the open man if possible but if a pass is too dangerous too make and I don't have a skating lane I'm dumping it in and trying to put it in a place where the D-man has to either eat the puck, make a dangerous pass in the middle or throw it blindly up the boards.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote