View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 02:50 AM
FlyingHigh28*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Schenn also has a very reasonable cap hit, though.
I thought Schenn looked pretty bad tonight.

Overall, while I think he's looked OK, I don't think he's been exceptional. His first-passes and indecisiveness with the puck have certainly contributed to our horrible breakouts and inability to smoothly navigate the neutral zone. He's not the biggest culprit there, but it still hurts that he's effectively replacing Matt Carle. I'm far from a Matt Carle fan and I think he got vastly overpaid and I didn't want him at that price, but his loss really does hurt us from a puckmoving perspective. He was above average at that and we've replaced him w/ someone who is decidedly below average.

I also really think Timonen has in part made Schenn look better than he actually is. I see Schenn as a good 2nd pairing defenseman in his prime, but I think certain fans are overrating him a bit based on a good start and based on the fact that he plays a physical fan-favorite type of game.

With all that said, I want no parts of Phaneuf at his current cap hit. I think the only solution to this defense problem is Seth Jones (or another top D prospect). I also think that when we inevitably get rid of Lavy, a new system might help too.

FlyingHigh28* is offline   Reply With Quote