Thread: Proposal: Washington - Toronto
View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 03:30 AM
Man Bear Pig

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
He did "nothing with the puck" because he was tightly guarded and other Caps just didn't move their feet. He shouldn't be blamed for that, but he gave them more than enough time. They were just standing and looking. Good luck with that.
He was invisible for you because you were looking at another team I think.
Another very good game for Ovi last night. He was clearly the most dangerous player on the ice and his line with Wolski and Ribeiro had a whole lot of chances. And his 7 SOG are pretty impressive. Clearly his best game yet, it's a shame he didn't find the net and Wolski missed on his tremendous pass.
Ovechkin steadily improves with each game, very few shifts now when he gets locked up in his own zone like it often happened with him and Backstrom early last year and in the first few games this season.
If last night was one of OV's better games then he's playing worse than I thought. I remember what Ovechkin used to play like. He was a dynamic,creative,explosive player. He's none of that anymore. I was looking at another team? how is that even possible? are you listening to yourself? 99% of hockey fans would tell you, if they watched him the other night he was invisible. It's a shame really, he's one of my favorite players. You probably think I'm just hating on the guy when I'm not. He just looks like a shadow of his old self. The old OV would have dominated that game.

Man Bear Pig is online now   Reply With Quote