Thread: Speculation: NJD 2013 Draft Thread
View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 06:17 AM
Devils1029

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
Yes please to Nichushkin. With Gauthier getting spotted at the 11th spot in McKenzie's midseason rankings, and scouts suggesting he could even be a top-10 pick, I think he'll (hopefully) be gone by us. We need a boom/bust forward. We have enough "safe" guys in the system already, and could easily pick up more in the later rounds. We need someone that could potentially become a top forward. Haven't drafted a successful one since 2003.
Nichushkin could be the X factor in all of this. No one would have guessed that Grigorenko would have dropped out of the top 10 last year when he was ranked in the to 5 by most and he was playing in the Q and not the KHL. With Nik appearing largely in the 9-11 range, the "Russian factor" could see him drop to 15-17 as I'm not entirely sure his intentions. Thats a big big risk to take with a pick in the upper half and the shallow pool of forward prospects we have.

I realistically see us as a bubble team and think we will likely pick in the 13-20 range so he's a possibility, just not sure that he'd be my first choice at #13 but at #20, I'd definitely take a shot, just think a team like Columbus, with 3 first rounders, might be more inclined to take that risk.

Now, if Kovy comes out like Ovechkin did to announce the pick.....