View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 07:36 AM
JTG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
Sure, him also.
But unlike the other two, he will still be an asset after this season what with being RFA. Also, I think he is less redundant than the others going forward and will remain key to us having a third line with some offense because he is pretty much the only bottom6 forward we have who can carry the puck in. Doesn't change that he is/should be in play also.
I think of the 3, Cooke and Dupuis hold very similar value for me. I think with TK, he becomes redundant because if we can fill out a top 6, ideally, Dupuis and Cooke will be 3rd liners, because you'd then have a pure shutdown line that has some scoring ability. So you then have a guy making over 2 million on the 4th line.

I also think that Kennedy's RFA status could work in our benefit as that adds more value to him as he's cost controlled.

Say we straight up trade him for a guy like Stewart (which I have no idea if it'd be enough, as I'm not sure if STL really needs anything on their team)...

Stewart-Crosby-Bennett
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Dupuis
Glass-Vitale-Jeffrey/Adams

I think it's well balanced, and each line fills the role that DB likes it to fill. People will probably not believe Bennett will be ready next season, but I definitely think he'll stick next season.