Old
02-02-2013, 06:46 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post
Vatanen played great first game... No stupid mistakes, and what a hard good passes in that first PP.. and good hard shots during the game. Solid passes in the center ice too / plays.. looked really confident, like knowing he will be good also in the NHL. Didin't try anything fancy. But will he get to play alot this season? Somehow, I have a sad feeling that not yet, even thought he would probably deserve it, if he continues like this.. And why wouldn't he. That was just a basic game from Vatanen, from what I've seen.. And he didin't seem to been running out of time or space or being late ect.. he's skating is good to the NHL and it helps.

OT From the finnish NHL-fan point of view, sadly Granlund haven't been that confident yet and he's skating isn't helping him like vatanen has. Though't neither has Mikaels linemates been carrying them
What you need to remember is that, while that may have been a basic game by Vatanen... it was not a basic game by Minnesota. They were just not dangerous offensively tonight. Their forecheck was weak, and they didn't press at all. This was a great game for Vatanen to get his feet wet, but it was a very one-sided affair.

I'm not saying Vatanen can't stick, but it would be inaccurate to look at this game as an example of what he should see most nights, and those aren't even the games that will really push him. Just wait until Anaheim is on the wrong end of a one-sided game. It's important to have some perspective here. This was a -very- easy game for Vatanen to be in. He did very well in it, but this was an unusual game. Usually there are two teams out there on the ice.