View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 06:47 AM
ODAAT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brushhawg View Post
I wonder if the many teams which we basically ran over the past few seasons are going to go out of their way to get even?

Lets face it, Buffalo was one of many teams that were out-hit, out-fought and basically bullied all over the ice over the past 3-4 seasons.

I think what happened the other night is going to have some serious payback attatched to it as well. I understand that we still have a tough team, but to expect Lucic and Chara to fight every game is nuts. Mcquaid is pretty much a middleweight and Macdermid is unproven. Montreal and Toronto, for example, have gotten tougher basically to compete with us.

I don't think we need to go out and get a 3 min per game thug. We should begin exploring a trade for a capable guy thats capable of playing a regular shift. I also think we're going to see lines 1-3 overplayed while Macdermid plays very limited minutes. I would call CBJ to see if Jared Boll is available.

Anyways, Thorns injury is going to have a major impact on how our team plays and responds. I think we are very vulnerable. Hopefully teams don't go out of their way to take anvantage of our sistuation.
Although almost 2 years removed from a Cup win, this team is almost identical to the one that won it, plays the same style so yes, they will always be a target.

This team doesn`t need a thug who can`t take a pass, give a pass, or contribute in any way other than his knuckles IMO. It would be wise for Chia and Cam to instruct the scouts to be on a light mission to begin the search for a guy who can play and protect such as Thornton, problem is, harder to find than some make it to be.

Either way, the Sabres game seems to have alot of folks here in full blown panic mode.

Scott won his fight
The B`s were in absolute command of this game up 3-1, then took 2 penalties at the same time, Vanek with a sublime tip in, then the defensive lapses began. A very rare thing to watch a Julien coached team play such poor defense but.......as I have watched this team do for years now under Julien, they leave the last game in the past and play a much tighter game moving forward.

They face adversity now with injuries, show me a team who isn`t or won`t be. Injuries or not, they "should" beat the Leafs tonight but who knows

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote