View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 07:54 AM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

vCash: 500
Don't want to make a long thing.

season 1 and 2 - made very minimal changes missed the playoffs both times. Injury bug hit like the plague in both season. Drafted Monahan in the 1st year, Drafted Kadri in the 2nd year both in the 1st round. Kadri sucks.

season 3 - Made a big splash. Aquired Perry, Kane, Cammalleri, Pitkenen, Shipped out Horton, Bergeron, Seidenberg as well as many others and my 1st round picks for the next 3 years. Missed the playoffs. Again injuries played a big factor.

season 4 - Signed a lot of depth guys. Only real notable ones are Cam Barker, Eric Tangradi, Dale Weise and Mark Stone. Made the playoffs for the first time in my tenure. Finished 4th in the league and went all the way to the Eastern Finals, but lost there to Winnipeg.

season 5 - Only notable change was that Chara retired. So I signed Brent Seabrook. Had a horrible start to the season. But went red hot towards the end and finished in 7th. Demolished Buffalo in the 1st round but lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs to Winnipeg again, I think.

Overall, in the end I like how my team is looking. Those first few seasons were stupidly bad with a ridiculous amount of injuries to a lot of main guys. I didn't think I would have to retool a team like Boston like that. But I went through a major overhaul, there are really only 3-4 guys on the team now that were there when I took over.