View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 08:05 AM
BigG44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
So Goligoski has been terrible, but is there any way he can turn it around? I'm not sure if it's bench time, reduced minutes, just making him practice until his hands bleed, etc. Frankly, I think a coaching change to someone who knows how to bring along defensemen well will be the best thing for him, though that's pretty drastic. Our defense is awful though and it would be nice to find a coach who can cover up our defensive flaws or maximize our D-men's potential. Then again maybe all this is is overexposure for every single defenseman that is playing one position up from where they should.
All for a coaching change, but would that be enough? Is Dallas just unlucky with defenders or are there some flaws with the organization beyond coaching?

Niskanen, Fistric, and Vishnovsky were failures in Dallas. Grossman was just a guy, but at least a mostly solid guy. Niskanen and Grossman both look like much better defenders as soon as they leave Dallas. Goligoski was a quality offensive defender, brought that attribute to Dallas and had some success here, but his skills deteriorate the longer he's here. Daley is a successful Top 4 defender, but we can all see he has untapped potential on offense. This is all over the course over 3 NHL head coaches, and several different AHL programs.

I don't know that there is a way to answer the question, but one reasonable answer could be Dallas' amateur scouts were failing at picking the right guys. Other than Bernhardt I really don't know how much turnover the Stars have had with scouts.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote