View Single Post
02-02-2013, 09:14 AM
Ecrasez l'infame!
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
I'd rather have him in NJ, getting time with DeBoer and Stevens than to go play for an Albany team that is not so great.
This way he's game-ready in the NHL system as opposed to adjusting from the AHL.

Over a short term, of course. Not an extensive period of time.
Agreed. Especially because we know Larsson will get into a lot of games this season, it makes no sense to send him down. Better to develop him here, rotating him into games.

Originally Posted by Devils86 View Post
You just made my point...I agree with you totally. I think hes going to be just the player you described. I'm arguing that hes exactly who you said. People on this board think hes the next coming and i havent seen that. My entire point is hes not the type of player like EK and not quite the type(style not skill) of player many thought he was when he was drafted last year.
Players like the ones he described are not easy to find either. Larsson is going to be a defenceman who quietly controls the entire flow of the game when he is on the ice. That is a #1, and it's a rare and valuable skill. I'm not expecting him to be an offensive dynamo, I'm expecting him to be a solid two-way positional defenceman. He will put up points, just it will be around 30-40 points instead of the 50-60 people want.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote