Old
02-02-2013, 08:24 AM
XX
... Waiting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
I'm an outsider here but thought I'd jump in with a quick question:

I've seen in a couple of places in this thread where people suggest that Yandle is worth a "king's ransom". I agree but what would that look like? Are the Coyotes looking for players, picks and/or prospects? Are they looking for two first round picks, for example?

Just wondering ...
If they are moving, picks will do. Otherwise I'd imagine it'd be something like Couturier and B. Schenn, or Ryan O'Reilly and Sgarbossa. They want 2 very solid young NHLers/bluechips at minimum. If it's a more established player like Krejci, it'd be a more straight up deal. Maloney passed on Gagner and MPS, as an example.

I think they want 3 first round equivalents. So some mix of players and picks, depending on value. That's not to mean something like Yakupov, Hall and RNH at once. Not at all. Just the value you'd associate with a mid to late first round pick, or an equivalent young player. Complicating things is the fact the Coyotes don't want any D or goalies in return. Not many teams have the spare forwards to trade for Yandle.