View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 08:29 AM
YARR123

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toewsintangibles View Post
Let me guess.. Saarela has "average skating"?
From what I've heard this is not the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffer
My guess is as goo as anyone's. And what I have seen (u17 world challenge) the kid is just another overhyped finnish prospect. Good but look at granlund now... He should be the next finnish superstar...

Saarela is mature for his age but nothing phenomenal in terms of skill. It is just a fact that for every good finnish prospect Sweden produces three great prospects. f ex. this Nylander kid is just another level talent compared to the finns.
Nylander is one of the best players of his age group in the world. Finland doesn't have any prospects of similar stature from the 96's. If you looked at Saarela and Nylander in the u17s, then it's obvious Nylander was the one who made things happen. At that stage one year of development can be HUGE. It can mean the difference between playing in the SM-liiga and jr. B. And since it's very early for Saarela we don't know if he has Nylanders talent. So it's pretty pointless to compare and equally pointless to feel disheartened. You don't know wether he's overhyped or underhyped. Let the kid play and we'll see what happens.

BTW Saarela was ranked 4th on some American pro scouts' list some time back. Lists this early ofcourse are very unreliable and even a pro scout from the states is very unlikely to be well informed about a finnish kid, but the point is that it's not just random finnish posters here saying that Saarela is a talented kid.

YARR123 is offline   Reply With Quote