View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 08:32 AM
catmanhabsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
It seems to me that line combos and ice time is dictated by how you practise. We don't see the practises, so it's hard for us to determine how much of a chance Eller has been given. Therrien has already said that he's disappointed with his intensity and commitment. That' doesn't sound very good to me.

Let me be clear on something: I like Eller. I've always defended him and still think he can be a useful player. What bothers me are the reports on his "hockey sense issues" (McGuire) and now his intensity.

Since Gomez pooped the bed last year, he should've seized the opportunity and brought it up a notch. Instead, he's been beat out twice at the center position: once by DD and now Galchenyuk. I'm always hopeful when it comes to Lars - especially considering the talent and size he brings - but I think he's running out of time in MTL.
I'm sorry but I personally don't see how Eller has ONCE been given a fair chance. His best play was with Kostitsyn and Moen and then for whatever reason that line got changed and he's been floating around playing with different players since.