View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 08:41 AM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brushhawg View Post
I wonder if the many teams which we basically ran over the past few seasons are going to go out of their way to get even?

Lets face it, Buffalo was one of many teams that were out-hit, out-fought and basically bullied all over the ice over the past 3-4 seasons.

I think what happened the other night is going to have some serious payback attatched to it as well. I understand that we still have a tough team, but to expect Lucic and Chara to fight every game is nuts. Mcquaid is pretty much a middleweight and Macdermid is unproven. Montreal and Toronto, for example, have gotten tougher basically to compete with us.

I don't think we need to go out and get a 3 min per game thug. We should begin exploring a trade for a capable guy thats capable of playing a regular shift. I also think we're going to see lines 1-3 overplayed while Macdermid plays very limited minutes. I would call CBJ to see if Jared Boll is available.

Anyways, Thorns injury is going to have a major impact on how our team plays and responds. I think we are very vulnerable. Hopefully teams don't go out of their way to take anvantage of our sistuation.
glad to see you're so passionate but honestly there is not 1% freaking NHL player intimidated over this garbage

If they aren't intimidated going hard into the boards these PAST 15 or so years, having to block shots from guys who get get it up there 100 MPH a hockey scrum isnt going to do it

come on folks the overreaction is just pathetic

if it rains hard to you start googling up Ark building

Boston has a bunch of players who can fight better than a bunch of other teams that can fight....John Scott is one big bastared and if he connects he can do some serious damage but Derek Boogard in my humble opinion was a much more skilled fighter and Thornton beat him

**** happens but if you think coaches all over the league are calling emergency meetings to proclaim the Wicked Witch is dead is a joke

these players on all teams are by and large interchangeable and actually quite friendly with each other off the ice- they compete against each other for a couple of hours, but as I have actually seen walking out of the Garden an hour or so after a game- Brad Marchand, yes Super pest walking with 5 or 6 players from the other team all laughing and clearly going out together somewhere....my daughter later explained (since she finds out way more than me) that some of the players played with him in Juniors, WJ, and grew up with him

The Bruins will lose plenty more fights- maybe even to Scott, and the Broad Street Bullies of the Philadelphia Flyers with Goon Inc lost their fair share

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote