View Single Post
Old
12-15-2003, 07:58 PM
BobMckenzie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van
Bob, the only changes I would make to your picks, are that Kyle Brodziak would have Tim Brent's spot, and Josh Gorges would have Shawn Belle's spot.

Brodziak has been a very pleasant surprise for Moose Jaw this season. Even though I have only seen him live once this season, I was very impressed..and watching the last couple games on Sportsnet, he has been as solid as anybody else. As for Gorges, there is nothing this kid cannot do. I compare him to Eric Brewer...doesn't score a lot of points, but it is what he does in his own zone that sets him above the rest. Obviously Phaneuf is going to be Team Canada's defensive QB, but Gorges is top-4 on this team in my opinion.

Other than that, I like your picks.
I probably should have added that the choices I made were not who I think should be on the team but who I think will be on the team, and as I said, I never tried to nail it down completely. You guys see a lot more of these kids than I do, but there's a certain science to figuring out who will make the team and who won't. Tim Brent, for example, is on the team. That's why they didn't dress him tonight. So Van, I'm sure you have your reasons for wanting Brodziak on the team ahead of Brent, but I'm telling you that won't happen. Brodziak could make the team but not at the expense of Brent, who would never get cut after being told not to dress tonight. Any player who got a night off (Fleury, Phaneuf, Brent, Stewart, Coburn etc.) are automatics.