View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 08:54 AM
Justinov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
Well Boedker did get a point. An assist on the Vrabata-goal which brings him to 6 points in 8 games. That's third on his team and similar to Dany Heatley, Zach Kassain, Tom Gilbert, Daniel Sedin, Milan Michalek, Brad Richards, Ray Whitney, Andy McDonald, Nicklas Backstrom, David Backes and Joel Ward. Fine company.

Don't know why he hasn't lived up to your expectations? Sure he's isn't on a hot streak but you can't be that all year round. I think you're punishing him for being on a Dave Tippett-team. The times I've seen him play he's been good and his name is enjoying a lot of respect at the moment in the among Pacific-posters as a quality offensive thread. Playing for Dave Tippett it goes without saying he's good defensively

Lars Eller and Philip Larsen is having a poor start to the season. Both caused by them self but exaggerated by the management of two teams with desperate desire to see results now instead of being patient. Jannik is were I'd expect on a Vancouver-team searching for offense. He's among the top 6 forwards in points in Vancouver. Not the best circumstances but still... Regin has - as you stated - one goal for the most of the season: Stay healthy. He's not been injured and has had a highlight play or two so he's at a neutral point right now.

Frans' been great but his performance isn't the bar for all of the others. And points isn't really what should be only thing he's measured on. Equally important he's been great on the PK AND PP(He's becoming Islanders serious answer to guys like Loui Eriksson, J. Stoll, Bergeron) and his line is usually good in both ends. He's been really good. You could perhaps use that as a measure for Jannik Hansen both he will never have the offensive responsibilities Frans is being handed so it would be a mute point.

We're missing the goals but when it rains it pours. It's been a mixed start. Some good, some status quo, some bad.

My 6-8 game power ranking:

++: Frans
+: Boedker, Jannik Hansen
0: Regin
-: Philip Larsen
--: Lars Eller
Sorry my bad about Bødker and his missing assist......
I know about Tippett and his system, and Bødker is doing great defensively, but only 1 goal in 8 matches is a bit low considering the form he had in Lukko. But I did state that Bødker and Hansen was solid - but after the lockout I had hoped that their match-form could bring some early succes before the other NHL players really came up in gear.
I agree totally with your points for the danish NHL'ers so far.
I know point production isn't all, thats why I also include the +/- statistics since it give some measure of how well their line work together defensively. You have to play well for your line to play well.
Frans just play well with almost anyone...and I know it's unfair to use Frans as the standard for other danish NHL players - but off course you want them all to succeed!