Thread: Confirmed with Link: II. New Logos and Green Uniforms for 2013-14
View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 09:07 AM
Troy McClure

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
I was in in 3rd grade though back in '93. However, I remember Mrs. Rewarts, Amber my first crush, my first game being against the Canucks, not knowing what the hell a Canuck was .... but I could have missed all the heritage talk I guess ....
While you were rightly distracted, I've also been a fan of the Stars since 1993. I was a season ticket holder for most of their seasons at Reunion. To be clear, there was no heritage talk at games, during broadcasts, or from the team. When it was time to talk team history (during period intermission jumbotron trivia games for example), the questions about history were always about Broten's goal against the Wings in game one of 1993 or Wakaluk sweeping the Blues or Cavallini's playoff game winner. They were never about Minnesota.

If Gaglardi wants to tap into the prior team's history, he will be the first to do so in 20 years. It's kind of odd to do that now when there is a team in Minnesota again. If you go see a Wild game (and you should because they put on an awesome show), they feature all kinds of clips and trivia and memorabilia from the North Stars. The place is full of old North Stars jerseys and photos. It would be silly for two teams to pretend they own that history, and to date, the Wild have been the ones proudly displaying that North Stars history.

Gaglardi wanting a classic look is fine by me. I don't want a fake throwback like the Avs did, but a jersey can be simple and still look great.