Thread: Value of: Cory Schneider
View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 10:15 AM
NYVanfan

vCash: 50
Gillis must trade one of them before next season. Wil the cap going down it simply wont work to carry both keepers next year.

I think the way Luo has been playing has pushed the equation a little closer to 50/50 as regards who will be moved, but frankly imo Luo's professionalism through all this and Gillis' regard for him have made it more a possibility than most assume that Schneids could be the one moved all along.

Schneider was not gven a NTC in the summer, and is being paid handsomely. Some contend he would no have signed that deal were not 'promises made', but thats conjecture, and i dont believe Gillis operates that way.

Luongo did approach MG after the painful LA loss and ask to be moved, and is on record as having said "maybe its time to move on", but thats the extent of the discord. He showed up early for camp, showed up for the team charity golf event, and has been nothing but pro throughout. I contend just because he indicated he'd like to be moved then does not necessitate that he still feels the same way now.

While Schneids' age is a main factor in favoring him, I think Gillis has been very consistent and up front that his #1 goal is to upgrade the team the best way he can, and if the offer is low for Luo but high for Schneids, i fully expect the latter to be moved. Luo's recent play is making it more interesting, but i think it only plays into Gillis' hand, esp as other teams have goalie issues bubble up ....

By the way, in 2 more seasons Schneider will be a UFA....

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote