View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 09:28 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Yeah love these little behind the scenes snapshots of the draft.

If anyone doubts Dave Morrison as a good scout, you kind of see just how good he is when he tells Burke "no" if there is any advantage moving up to 4. He pegged the first 3 picks, and got the man they wanted.

I think it is also pretty clear he was willing to take Dumba if the Islanders selected Rielly.

As others mentioned, we can finally put to rest Leafs had rated Gally higher, by this video. Rielly was clearly the #1 targeted pick by the Leafs.

If I had to take a guess I think it was like this on our list.

1. Rielly
2. Murray
3. Yakupov
4. Gally
5. Dumba
He made no sounds of saying he had Dumba there IMO. Didn't sound like it at all to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
I knew very little of Reilly and Finn but it's good to see the both seem like they have very good heads on their shoulders.

Question I had after watching was if the Leafs really had Reilly ranked #1 why would they have not moved up to ensure they got him? Sounded to me like they were happy with whoever was going to fall to them.
I think he predicted how it was going to end, he said so in the past interviews he has gotten a good prediction on who was going to go after who.