View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 09:47 AM
Dennis Bonvie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchogan88 View Post
I completely disagree with people saying that Chara shouldn't have stepped up. Buffalo brings in this huge guy and we respond with Thornton? Why does he have to fight every battle?

I understand we don't want Z in the box but I don't care what anyone says, that fight set the tone. Chara has dropped the gloves for way less of a reason many times. I think he should've handled this.

I'm not saying they have to go out and fight every goon that steps on the ice. I'm saying that it seems as though it was planned for Thornton to take care of Scott before the game started. Chara should've told him to let him take care of it. And what I mean by that is they should've let Scott be a goon and if it was necessary Chara should've dropped the gloves.

I'd much rather have Chara off the ice for 5 minutes to set the tone than have Thornton out with a concussion. And we all know that nobody Thornton's size on the Sabres would've stepped up to Chara so why does Thornton have to step up to Scott?
I'd much rather have Thornton out with a concussion than Chara out with a concussion.

Dennis Bonvie is offline   Reply With Quote