View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 09:48 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
They were rumored to have serious interest in Kadri last season. So I'm assuming it would take something like Kadri + Gardiner + 1st.

I don't make that trade personally. I think the Leafs need a big, strong number one centre who dominates the front of the net and creates space for Kessel. Not sure a centre like Backstrom would benefit Kessel enough to make a trade like that.

People forget that Kessel likes to carry the puck into the zone himself, and creates most of his scoring chances on his own using his speed. So the need for a playmaking centre has been overblown IMO.
That possibly was due to Kadri having connection with Dale Hunter, would be curious if this is still the case now. I wouldn't want to move Kadri but if it's for Backstrom, we do it. Backstrom is a different animal, I like Kadri and I've been one of his biggest fans but if we are to think logically and realistically? A guy who is what ? Around 25, already hit the 100 point mark with a premier scorer, two-way natural playmaker on the market? We jump on the boat IMMEDIATELY.