Thread: Proposal: NYR/Phoenix
View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 11:33 AM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Gordon is tremendously valuable to Phoenix's playoff efforts.

If you want Bissonnette, take him for free. He's all you.

E! can shot a reality show "Biznasty in the Big Apple".

Seriously, Biz is a pretty darn good back checker. He's really is good in his own zone. He can angle guys off the puck, win battles, and chip it out shockingly effectively. On the forecheck, though, he's worthless. He won't cycle because he's too scared to be caught up ice if it goes the other way. He's like a reverse cherry picker. He will wait at the blueline, and not engage offensively, because he wants to keep good defensive positioning. He's the exact opposite if Nikita Filatov.

Anyway, Dave Tippett looks for a strong forecheck out of his bottom six. He wants puck possession and
cycling. Paul Bissonnette is a terrible fit on a Dave Tippett team. On another team, I think he could be a decently effective 4th line NHL player. He will fight anybody, he's good in the room and he will never hurt your team defensively because he's actually solid in that department.

You can have him for free.
I wouldnt really want him for free,lol........I rather send Rupp over otherwise Bissonnette is basically useless to the Rangers as well. He would fight a ton in the Atlantic though. Any other UFA F in Phoenix that can be had?

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote