View Single Post
02-02-2013, 10:38 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Nice to see Rudy Gay have such an impact. I have a question regarding what Butler did, why is it frowned upon because it's pointless? I know it's stupid as it's pointless but gotta ask lol.
It's kind of an unwritten rule and a code in the NBA, that when you are up big and you have control of the ball at the end of the clock, you dribble it out out of respect and to not run up the score and stat pad.

It's just a code amongst men in the league, but apparently it doesn't apply to the Los Angeles Clippers (can team). Obviously you should never expose the ball either but normally you wouldn't expect your opponent to go for a steal and score with 3 seconds left on the clock.

What Butler did was broke the old boys rule and scored in a meaningless portion of the game and it's a lack of respect to the Raptors to do something like that.

Raptors could've even gone for the coveted 100th point for their fans and decided not to so it just amplified what Butler did even more. That's why the fans were so pissed.

Pretty ****** thing to do, but now that I think about it a bit it was pretty damn hilarious too. J-Val still shouldn't have had the ball exposed like that. Rookies gonna rook.