View Single Post
02-02-2013, 10:50 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
J.Jokinen is sucking right now but may be worth a shot. They would have to take Rupp back though. 3 Million hit for next yr stinks. I wouldnt deal Boyle for him, its a lateral move, team needs to add without giving up much.

Antropov is atleast a UFA. We have been down this road before though. Antropov as a UFA should cost less than Jokinen no?
Jokinens value is low right now and could probably be had for scraps. I think with a change of scenery Jokinen is exactly the type of player the Rangers need for their top 6. Adds speed some hands and at the very worst case scenario hes worth his weight just for the shootout points you know he'll bring. Rupp + 2nd? Its definitely a bit of a gamble but I really think Jokinen proves to be a weapon for us with our current top 6

Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Antro is a UFA so his cap hit is fairly irrelevant. Jokinen's is only 1M lower and it stays on the books. Antro is also a much better fit for the bottom six and more of a Torts guy.
You would trade for Antropov and slot him in the bottom six..? Please tell me youre joking. The love that Stepan gets around here is ridiculous..