View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 11:01 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
That said, we're a long way away from reinforcements, we need to win with what we have right now.
I agree with this sentiment, more or less. I have no problem with making a move for a talented youngster that needs a shot, like the aforementioned Loktionov.

This team has a pretty solid roster. There are really only two weaknesses that standout:

-we could use another viable defenseman to take the spot that otherwise would be filled by the sorely missed Michael Sauer, as none of Bickel, Eminger or Gilroy are good enough to play for a Cup team.

-Brian Boyle is a 4th liner in this league. He doesn't bring enough offensively to be a third line center, and his continued inability to consistently use his size and strength defensively hampers an otherwise solid defensive game.

I don't know that Antropov would solve that problem; he's a lot more talented offensively than Boyle, but he brings the same question marks defensively.

I continue to want to see more playmaking from Stepan, but I'm not ready to throw in the towel on him. He's still too young to believe that this is it for the kid. He was simply too good in college as a decisive, smart creator on offense.