Thread: Bobby Ryan
View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 11:06 AM
achdumeingute

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh28 View Post
Instead, Holmgren piecemealed together a team for 2011-2012 capable of making the playoffs but not capable of winning the whole thing. And as a result of that, we lost out on a chance to draft that franchise defenseman and now we're struggling because, among other massive problems with this team, the one guy Giroux had excellent chemistry with just happened to be the 40 year old Jaromir Jagr, who we brought in for one year and then threw out with the trash.

I'm not a total Homer hater btw, I loved the Carter trade and I think he got decent value for Richards, though I did question at the time whether it was really necessary. But I still didn't really knock Homer. I understood that he was trying to go in a different direction with the team. But what I cannot get behind is the fact that he didn't finish the job and fully commit to that youth movement. Had he tried to trade all of our older vets and had he given Bobrovsky a second season as the starter, I'd have no issue with what he did. But the moves he made after the Carter and Richards trades just don't make sense and I don't think they put us in a position to succeed long term.

If you guys disagree, I'll respect that, but I'm entitled to my opinion as a fan.
I agree with some of what you say. You have to keep some vets around. We had just dealt the "leadership core" of the team. I don't think last year was the time to just blow it all up and throw it all on Scott Hartnell and Claude.

Jagr left, he wasn't thrown out with the trash. If he waited a week, i think he would have got 4.5 from us. At this point, I'd rather try to have suter/parise/weber for 10 yrs than Jagr for one, maybe 2 years.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote