View Single Post
Old
07-02-2006, 01:22 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

vCash: 500
As a somewhat impartial observer, I don't think the signing is that bad, as I think it might be a bit of an overpayment, but if Rob Blake plays like he has in the past, it could be somewhat of a bargain. But, Dean Lombardi's two biggest moves as Kings GM seem to contradict one another. I know he got very good value for Pavol Demitra, but, Demitra is a complete steal at $4.5 million for what he brings to the table, and if you want to move your team forward, you don't trade that away, unless it's a deal you simply cannot refuse, or if you plan to trade one of those assets away to gain someone to replace or even improve upon Demitra, which I don't think Lombardi will do. I think DL figured he would sign an impact free agent forward, but he missed out(I kind of thought he would), and now the best free agent center is, well, Jason Allison. Unless DL can make a trade for the first liner he needs to go with the talented Kings forward he has, I'm not sure what the hell he's doing right about now. But, then again, many people said Brian Burke was doing the same thing at the trade deadline, when really, he actually helped out the team alot for their run.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote