Thread: Value of: Corey perry at trade deadline
View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 11:22 AM
Traitor Zach
Waive Gionta

vCash: 500
I actually wonder what the cramped schedule/shortened season does to trade value if at all. Will be interesting to watch.

Any case, I doubt Perry returns anything more than a solid but not "elite" prospect, 1st, and a depth player. Unless there's a GM that's willing to just blow away the rest of the trade market, it's pretty risky for a guy who is a good winger but a rental and you're pretty much just buying him for the hope of a long playoff run.

Right now, the logical fit/team to me is the Pens. I know my team (Devs) really could use to add another Top 6 winger, but I don't see us in the Perry conversation for a number of reasons (one being that we have to sacrifice a #1 these next two years, and two being that Perry is unsigned and we already have a core of guys who are headed to UFA and three, we need to replace some of our aging players these next few years with our prospect pool and really should try not to deplete it unless there's a contract-controlled NHL level talent coming back).

Traitor Zach is offline   Reply With Quote