View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 11:23 AM
Lebanese Leaf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlattNazty View Post
Conditioning is not an issue with him IMO. Looks like most junior prospects in that regard, who pretty much all need to improve a bit once they hit the pros.

Skating like others have pointed out, improving tenfold. Establishing a first step separation gear, as I noticed last night. Steals it from the defender, and is fast enough to make room and then set up the pass. His edge work looks like it can improve, but so many guys have that issue. Underhill I think has helped him alot. I compare his skating as very similar to Kulemin's.

He needs to continue to bulk up, despite playing a strong physical game boy oh boy does he have room to grow. Lanky kid, which bodes well for his future considering how strong he already is. Muscle strength ratio appears to be quite high.

And again like Kulemin, he needs to initiate contact more. He is fine and generally wins when people come at him, but would be better if he tossed his weight around more.
I know the word darkhorse gets thrown around a lot when it comes to prospects, but I think we have a real one on our hands with Leivo. This guy seems destined to make the NHL and stick, I keep reading nothing but positives about his game since he was drafted.

I also like how Connor Brown is developing.

Our prospect pool has an underrated amount of depth.